Therapy programmes are individually designed after a detailed assessment session and discussion with the client/family about their wishes and goals. Therapy sessions can be conducted intensively or spread weekly, fortnightly or less frequently dependent on individual requirements and preferences. Visits to your own home, care facility, hospital or office can be arranged within London, Essex and parts of Kent. We also offer out-patient sessions from a clinic near Old Street, Central London.
Fees are very much dependent on the nature of the difficulty and the types of techniques and treatments required, therefore please contact me for a bespoke quote. However, as a guide, assessment sessions start from £120 and therapy sessions from £80 per hour.
Therapy is offered for the following conditions:
- Stammering: I offer a holistic approach using a combination of education, speech exercises and counselling techniques to improve your speech and build your confidence.
- Speech and Language disorders e.g. dysarthria, apraxia/dyspraxia, aphasia/dysphasia, reading and writing difficulties. These can occur because of a range of neurological conditions e.g. Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury, M.S., M.N.D. I offer functional and impairment based approaches as well as specialist treatments such as Lee Silverman Voice Treatment. For clients with severe aphasia I deliver my own evidence based therapy program (designed as part of my PhD) which is not available anywhere else.
- Cognitive Communication Disorders can occur secondary to Stroke, Brain Injury and Dementia. I offer impairment and functional based cognitive treatments such as spaced-retrieval training and errorless learning to target memory, attention, reasoning and problem solving dififculties.
- Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulties) I offer specialist assessment to aid in designing a treatment plan that may involve diet/fluid modification, bespoke exercises, McNeil Dysphagia Therapy, Facial Oral Tract Therapy (FOTT) and more.
- Facial Palsy can result as a result of a stroke, Bell’s Palsy, Guillain Barre Syndrome or other conditions. I use a combination of oro-facial exercises, stretching, electrical stimulation, functional exercises and counselling to improve facial symmetry and speech intelligibility.
- Voice therapy: This may be required due to a specific condition e.g. Head and Cancer, vocal cord nodules or other throat conditions. Voice therapy can also significantly benefit professional voice users such as singers, actors and teachers. I complete a detailed perceptual and objective assessment and then tailor therapy for the individual using a combination of approaches and techniques such as laryngeal manipulation, VoiceCraft and Estill Voice Model.
- Is English your second language?
- Do you struggle with your pronunciation?
- Do you have an accent that you feel is holding you back professionally?
Through bespoke phonetic, articulation, intonation and oral exercises as well as role play, I can help you gain a natural accent and clear pronunciation.
I can help if:
- you require supervision from an experienced Speech and Language Therapist
- you require a Second Opinion to support your diagnosis, treatment planning or discussions with a client
- you are newly qualified Speech and Language Therapist or returning to work after a career break and require mentoring or support with interview preparation.
- Dysphagia Training: We provide in-house training in care homes and private hospitals to support staff’s knowledge of dysphagia and ensure they appropriately support clients with swallowing difficulties. We can also provide 1:1 training to individual carers working with specific clients.
- Communication Skills Training: We provide in-house training in care homes and private hospitals to support staff’s knowledge of communication difficulties and ensure they appropriately support clients with aphasia, dementia and other conditions that affect communication. We can also provide bespoke training to support working with a specific client in your setting.
- Voice Care for Teachers: We provide in-house training within schools for teachers which includes education on voice care and techniques to increase volume, reduce strain and voice fatigue. This can help reduce absences/sick leave due to voice and throat conditions.